In order to understand better the current situation in Eurasia and Africa, the Association has created different projects with the aim of promoting the relations and mutual knowledge between Italy and foreign countries. On the one hand, the Association considers these projects as a bridge between different countries and societies; on the other hand, thanks to these projects we would like to give the opportunity to our partners, customers and supporters to better understand the current global challenges and threats, the world of international business, and the investment opportunities in the emerging markets.
Some of our projects, developed in partnership with Media agencies, private and public institutions and centres of studies, have produced reports and analysis published in our magazine Geopolitical Report.
At the moment we are managing the following research projects:
- African market & geopolitics: the African continent has always been the theatre of confrontation among international actors (governments, security agencies, corporations) due to its natural and human resources. Since the 20th century, Africa has become one of the most significative emerging markets for investors. On the other hand, migration flow, underdevelopment, unemployment, terrorism, internal conflicts have been the main obstacles for the complete modernisation, industrialisation and democratisation of the continent. Nowadays the African continent is the battleground where the United States, China, European countries and also the Russian Federation are fighting to control an emerging market and a potential industrial and logistics hub. The mission of this project is to underline current problems and geopolitical trends in Africa and advice the Italian and foreign companies on investment opportunities in the region.
- Doing Business New Silk Road: the Belt and Road Initiative promoted by the Chinese government, also known as the New Silk Road, is a strategy whose aim is to interconnect Eurasia and Africa. This project aims at studying the Chinese strategy and the business opportunities for foreign actors and focuses its main attention on Central Asia and the Caspian Sea area. This project allowed in the past to organise dedicated conferences and workshop with foreign representatives and Italian businessmen and companies interested in finding new markets where investing or exporting their products and services.
- Focus ASEAN: This project aims at writing report and analysis on the South-East Asian countries which are becoming one of the most prominent economic markets in the world. Moreover, our Association seeks to create a network of contacts among foreign embassies and institutions in order to allow Italian companies to start their business in ASEAN countries.
- Focus Iraq: thanks to its network of contacts in Iraq, especially in the Kurdistan Autonomous Region, our Association decided to start this project with the purpose of giving an overview of the country which has been facing ethnic, sociocultural and security problems. This project led to an official visit to the Iraqi Kurdistan in 2016 and allowed a team of experts and journalists to visit the front line where peshmerga forces were fighting against Daesh (well-known in the West as the Islamic State or ISIL). Our goal is to actively participate in the reconstruction of Iraq avoiding the mistakes made in the past which led to the rise of the Islamic State and the confrontation between Erbil and Baghdad.
- Focus Libia: due to its strategic position in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea Italy is directly involved in the Libyan events and has been affecting by the degradation of the North African country. Terrorism and the huge flux of migrants from the African continent to Italy are some of the main problems which are affecting the “Bel Paese”. This project would like to analyse the current political, economic, social and security situation of Libya with the purpose of evaluating in which way the Italian government could interact with the Libyan key players and contrast the rise of terrorist groups.
- Focus Russia: Russia is a fundamental international actor in the international arena. For this reason, it is necessary to know and understand Russia society and reality. This project aims at providing reports and analysis whose goals is that of improving the knowledge about Russia and boost the diplomatic relations between the West and the Russian Federation. As a vital and still unexplored market, one of the goals of the project is to investigate the investment and business opportunities in Russia through research activities, official visits and meetings with the representatives of the academic, entrepreneurial, and diplomatic worlds.
- Eurasia Monitor: Eurasia plays a fundamental role in the world of geopolitics. Described as a vital area by Mackinder and Spykman, this region includes the post-Soviet republics and those emerging countries which are becoming relevant in the international arena. This project analyses political and historical roots and the current trends of the Eurasian region underlining also investment opportunities and regional infrastructural projects with the purpose of supporting international private and public actors and allowing them to be more involved in the regional dynamics.
- Middle East & the Gulf: The Middle East and the Gulf countries represent a macro area politically, historically, socio-culturally and economically interconnected whose mutations might affect the entire Eurasian region and the African continent. Part of the European colonies, this macro area has been characterised by internal conflicts, radicalisation, strong regimes (labelled in many cases as dictatorships), the confrontation among international key actors for natural resources and the spread of Islamist ideologies. This project aims at researching and analysing geopolitical events in the macro area and the future economic trends taking also into consideration the sociocultural and religious background in order to give the most accurate overview of the Middle Eastern and Gulf countries.
- Intelligence & Security: Intelligence and security policy issues are now one of the fastest growing areas of academic and public concern. Nowadays, government agencies and private companies have a decisive role in the protection of national security and interests. This project would like to underline the last discoveries in the field of security and analyse the world of Intelligence from a theoretical and practical approach.
- Terrorism & Radicalisation: The 21st century has been characterised by the terrorist threat which could be labelled as the most dangerous challenge for the contemporary world. Terrorism is not only a phenomenon related to the Middle East or North Africa but with the rise of the Islamic State has become a serious global threat. This project would like to study the political, sociocultural and economic reasons which have led to the creation of terrorist groups and their affirmation in specific regions.
- Analysis & Insights: one of the missions of our organisation is to provide analysis, reports and insights on different topics and regarding different countries in the world. In this section, we decided to collect all the documents which do not belong to any of our projects but we believe are also important to better understand the current problems and future development of Eurasia and Africa.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Staff at the e-mail address email@example.com